The Bewitching SRINAGAR

On my arrival at the exquisite houseboat post a mesmerising voyage on the Dal lake ,I needed some time to recover.It took 2 flights ,1 road and a Shikara Trip and 9 whole hours to reach the place I’ll b calling my home for the upcoming 3-4 days.
Food can be a hindrance in the valley for tourists and therefore I got some of my own from a place now 1600Km far.Normally, I am pretty fastidious about what I put in my mouth and even a trip more often than not doesn’t take the better of me.This time around though I was at a place that had no real options to deliver,Maggie and Sandwiches would cover up for the majority of my diet.

THE LAND OF AESTHETIC GARDENS

Apart from being the capital of the most beautiful state of the country,SriNagar is known for its out of the world ,majestic gardens.It offers an incredible heterogeneity with more than 10 gardens to explore.I didn’t had all the time in the world so had to pick 2 of the best and I can assure you ,no one wants to be in such a spot.Its like coming to a wedding with the best food on board and you have to pick just a couple of dishes.



After awaiting for more than 30 mins at the boat club for the guide, I finally was off to one of the most iconic places at Srinagar, The Tulip Garden.Opened in 2007 ,it is the largest tulip garden of the continent but I wont bore you with the same old Wikipedia info.The Garden Is colossal ,if the size of it isn’t enough to make you lose your way surely the unparallel beauty surrounding it will. The variety of tulips considering the shape, colour is also astronomical.There I could see reporters from all around the glove covering a report for their local news channel , a complete international hotspot.The garden was flooded with guides who approached to educate me a bit but I was having none of it.I wasn’t on an educational trip , I just wanted to be as close to the heaven on earth as possible and visiting the garden it reassured that the phrase “heaven on earth” holds true.

Next destination was another famous garden of the valley , The Mughal Garden. When I entered , a old age man realising I am a tourist shouted with full excitement “ welcome,welcome, look at this(pointing to the garden) this is heaven , heaven on earth!!” No matter how many times one calls Kashmir by this platitude and how many times you travel, wherever your eyes ponder , you say the same thing.
This Garden was completely different from the previous one I covered.If the previous one is known for the variety of flowers this one is known for it’s architecture.As the name suggests , this garden was built by the Mughals years ago and I don’t want to go into the aesthetics they came up with ,the world bows its hat to it.I sometimes wonder the knowledge, talent the individuals had who came up with such marvels time and time again.
The only thing that was common between the two gardens was the heavenly beauty both possessed ,an absolute treat to the eye and I wont pick one over the other as I just can’t.



It was way past sunset and time to rush back to the houseboat but the day isn’t over yet , the shikara awaits over the lake.



Comments

Popular Posts