PAHALGAM

After an enthralling pony ride and the mandatory pic with the beautiful horse, it was time to set foot on one of the most beautiful destinations of this exemplary trip. Pahalgam is my very first sightseeing location on the surface of Kashmir. Located at an altitude of 9,000 ft, Pahalgam is famous for its lush green pastures and an incredible view that attracts bountiful tourists across the globe.

It was some task to reach the spot and hence I was ravenous. There were plenty of food stalls offering different delicacies, I stuck to eating those 2-minute noodles as I promised myself not to eat anything fancy considering me having a history of food poisoning in previous tips.
It was a hot sunny day in the valley, I didn’t need a jacket and the place was unerringly exquisite. Pahalgam really gives you a vibe of Scotland with the lush green meadows all around surrounded with the beautiful mountains, its a majestic scene throughout and being there can only make you realize the peace and at the same time the thrill one can experience

I just wanted to sleep in the arms of the district, I never felt so serene. It was a warm windy day with the sun showing its full glare but this wasn’t Jaipur or any part of central, northeast India. This was Kashmir and as a tourist, seeing the sun showing its warmth is always a treat. Lying on the grass made me feel like I am in one of those beaches of Goa taking a sunbathe but the moment I opened my eyes, there was no coastline or sea but the tall trees complimenting the gigantic Himalayas.

Spending some more time and clicking a great number of pics that didn’t tend to cease anytime soon. The beauty of the location was, there weren’t any historical monuments or any other man-made architecture, this was just pure nature’s poetry with the best rhyme, and that what sets Kashmir apart. You can be the most addictive to your gadgets or despise the mundane sunsets or the rains but being in this part of the world will make you bow your hat to the artist that the Mother Earth is

Digging deep on the spot made me reach close to the Pashmina Goats led by an old Kashmiri Herder. This was the first time I saw wool goats, they weren’t very big but they looked sturdy going about their job. The wool on their body made them look very attractive. Surprisingly, the herder was fluent in Hindi and was open about for how many decades he has been herding these beautiful goats, maybe that has to do with so many tourists coming at the same place every day wanting to have a piece of his mind.
Pahalgam was a beautiful experience, to say the least, I truly felt the essence of Kashmir and if you are planning a trip soon, you don’t want to miss this heavenly location that makes you take an adventurous pony ride only to be at one of the most gorgeous places in the world.

It would take another pony ride to uncheck Pahalgam from the list. This time though, the pony had to go down which made it even more fun. I was completely confident and no matter how tough the path looked, the small horse didn’t betray my conviction.
I wish I could hug the pony but well, we will try that thing on some other day. Overall, it was one of the best days of my life, I still can’t express in words what I felt but I tried my best to put you in my shoes, and surely, as an aspiring tourist, you don’t want to miss Pahalgam. 
Kashmir was all but over from my itinerary, now time to head to the marvelous LADAKH, both Ladakh and Kashmir are complete chalk and cheese and in my experience, I had some of the most inexplicable but thrilling moments not only of the trip but life in general. It was all set by the almighty. 
Tune in to the next blog to experience the same.

Comments

Post a Comment

Your honest feedback is valuable! Please let me know what you thought about the blog.

Popular Posts