FIRST ROAD TRIP

I wanted to capture the sunrise behind the alluring mountains of Kashmir but was too exhausted and hence woke up at 8am.The nights are long but not long enough to hold the first light till that time.It was a bright sunny day in SriNagar and the plan for today was to cover an exotic location in Kashmir.
                                                                                     It would take at least a couple of hours to reach Pahalgam so there wasn’t any time left to get my things together.The breakfast was 2 sandwiches and a cup of soup, now the time was to settle for one last ShikaraRide.There was still a lot to unravel in the upcoming days but I knew I wont be having any such experience.I got my entire luggage to the Shikara and just sat absorbing all I could in those 15 minutes before I reach the land to say the beautiful SriNagar goodbye.

LET’S EXPLORE KASHMIR 

A 2 hour long journey to Pahalgam meant a great opportunity to look through the things I planned this trip for, the entire expedition from this day would be mostly through road and the same in a place like Kashmir is an absolute treat.Wandering around one gets to see the Dal lake in its entirety and only then you realise how gigantic it is.The beautiful mountains covered with vegetation, with snow at the top makes for a marvellous scene.

On my way to the desired destination , I stopped to take pictures and that’s where I encountered a couple of Kashmiri kids.They wanted chocolates and I had no scarcity.I offered them the same and couldn’t resist pulling those chubby red cheeks, they were very sweet and seeing them elated gave me lot of happiness.
I am not a big fan of road trips and considering the uneven terrain of the valley I had aspirations about me getting sick but thanks to the handsome view I encountered every time I looked outside the window , it became an extremely pleasant trip.

We stopped near a small stream , it was a comparatively hot day and I didn’t needed any jacket but the water was as cold as anything I ever touched.The water is a result of the snow on the surface of the Himalayas that starts melting from the month of March-April so one could imagine its temperature.Gliding the hand on the surface of Dal Lake was still possible but even touching this stream using your pinky finger was a no-brainer IMPOSSIBLE. This was another lovely little spot to be close to the beautiful nature and I wanted to spend more time before Javed said we are already running late.

Next , without any more stoppage it was time to head straight to the long awaited destination taking in as much of the Kashmir beauty as I can, I have been waiting to be at Pahalgam from the time I heard that there is a “mini Scotland” in my country.The desirable venue is all set alongside my own “pony”.

Comments

Popular Posts