EN-ROUTE LADAKH !!

Post an astounding day, I headed back to the capital. This was a long day considering the physical activity involved but honestly, I didn’t drop a sweat. My mind was occupied more on taking as much as I can of the beautiful valley than focusing on how arduous the task was.
The plan was to spend one last night at Srinagar before heading to the glorious Ladakh Region. The moment I arrived at the hotel, it was time to say Javed a goodbye with a big hug. The man became more of a big brother to me and made sure I get my money worth.

FOOD POISONED!!!! (ALMOST)

Back in Srinagar, I stayed at a typical hotel. Something which I was expecting from the start till the houseboat came as a beautiful surprise(Read Arrival).The hotel had everything I asked for: clean sheets, hygienic toilet, neat room, and more importantly a menu with normal food. I had enough of the Maggie and bread and was craving for a normal Indian meal. I ordered a meal in my room and felt something wrong while gulping it down my throat but was too ravenous to dig deep.
The next morning, MY WORST NIGHTMARE CAME TRUE, I woke up with a terribly upset stomach and vomited multiple times. I realized it was the food that got me YET AGAIN. I have had experiences on indulging in fast food without acknowledging that I have a sensitive stomach, in my mind this was it, I had everything scheduled and there wasn’t any way I could postpone even a single day. The trip is over bro, I said to myself.
The national hospital was just a walk away that gave me a glimmer of hope. I was determined to not let this trip curtail due to a meal. The doctors were very cooperative even they understood how important it was to stay afloat but that surely didn’t mean they would allow me on those mountains when I couldn’t even walk.
Fortunately, it wasn’t too serious, the doc gave me medicines and told me not to drive. I got the green signal and the happiness was just inexplicable.

MOST BEAUTIFUL ROAD DRIVE EVER

Time to say a final farewell to Srinagar and say a bright good morning to my new guide” Adnan”.He was a man in his late 50s and had a 40 year plus experience up his sleeve as a tourist guide. The terrains are brutal but I felt relieved in being in such experienced hands. My last memory of the Capital was driving aside the beautiful dal lake with a beautiful Lata Mangeshkar song on the radio. Srinagar-you will be missed.

It was an overcast day and I was heading to Sonmarg. It was just a very exciting period, with the rain gods all set to show their flurry but what was more exciting was witnessing the very first snowfall.
At Srinagar, it was a bit on a hotter side but nothing doing now, the remaining trip would be as chilly as any other part of the world, and this exactly for what I waited for.

On the way to Sonmarg, I witnessed the beautiful Indus River which was half frozen. Such an amazing spectacle, one of the very first unique experiences that I would witness in the upcoming days. The roads were narrow and for my life, I couldn’t comprehend how these locals drive with such precision or how full loaded trucks roll on such paths where even a mini car isn’t out of risk. But no matter at what height we were at or how dangerous it appeared, the scenery was breathtaking, to say the least. The gargantuan mountains were now fully immersed in the pure white snow, no matter where you see it was absolutely divine. You literally feel like being in heaven.


It would take some more time before I reach sonmarg, I cant wait to tell you guys how amazing it was on those snowy slides and the fun was simply extraordinary. Tune in to the next blog post.



Comments

Popular Posts